The Capital Infectious Disease Clinic featuring Britta Denman, DO, provides service to identify and effectively treat patients with infections caused by exposure to an infectious disease, developed following a surgical procedure or acquired during hospitalization.
Medical guidance for travel abroad and treatment for infections acquired while traveling in a foreign country are also provided.
Areas of Dr. Denman’s specialty:
- Travel medicine
- Malaria and other tropical diseases
- Blastomycosis, Histoplasma, and Coccidioidomycosis (valley fever)
- Bone and joint infections
- Heart valve infections
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Post-operative infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections such as Cellulitis and Pyomyositis
- Tick-borne infections
- Complicated urinary tract infections