As of December 27, 2018, Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center operations are permanently discontinued.
Dr. Shawna Purcell is currently pursuing her own, independent practice in the field of obesity & diabetes medicine. Dr. Purcell’s new contact information is included below for patients who wish to continue under her care.
We realize that this news to close the clinic may be disappointing and frustrating for you, and we sincerely apologize for any disruption caused by this situation.
Here’s what we are doing for patients immediately:
1. Dr. Purcell will remain available to refill prescriptions through Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss Center up until January 19th. Dr. Purcell is also accessible through the Athena patient portal during this time.
2. Dr. Purcell has also identified a new practice setting for patients who wish to continue under her care for obesity medicine, including diabetes. Her new contact information is:
3025 Limited Lane NW, Suite 105
Olympia, WA 98502
Phone: (360) 951-6434
3. Any patient with a scheduled appointment is being contacted to determine the best next steps for care.
4. After January 19th, we are prepared to refill routine/maintenance prescriptions until March 18th, 2019, or until care has been established with another provider – whichever comes first. Please note: medications prescribed specifically for weight loss/obesity medicine will not be refilled through Capital Physician Services after January 19th. Narcotics and other controlled substances will also be excluded.
5. We have recruited several new primary care providers in recent months, with two additional providers joining in January. If you would like to establish care with a new primary care provider, we encourage you to contact the team at Olympia Family & Internal Medicine by calling (360) 596-4899.
6. Jeewon Yang, ARNP, will continue to focus on diabetes management at Olympia Family & Internal Medicine. If you would like to establish care or schedule a follow-up appointment with Jeewon, please call (360) 596-4899.
7. For patients interested in surgical weight loss options, we have a new bariatric program here at Capital Medical Center. Dr. Monica Young is board certified in general surgery and fellowship trained in bariatric surgery. If you would like to learn more, free seminars are held monthly. To learn more or to register for an upcoming seminar, please contact Capital General Surgery at (360) 596-4880.
8. Sandra Pearce, Registered Dietitian, is also available to provide ongoing nutrition counseling services. To schedule an appointment with Sandra, please call at (360) 596- 4880.
9. Staff members at Capital Diabetes & Weight Loss remain available by phone at (360) 596- 4614 through January 18th.
If you have an immediate need to see a physician, we encourage you to visit an urgent care clinic or a hospital emergency room.
We anticipate that you may need to seek care with another provider and we are ready to assist with transferring your records. Records release forms were included with this information in letters sent recently to patients. This form will provide us your authorization to share your medical record with the provider of your choice. Please note: we can only release records once we have received a completed form.
Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during this transition. Thank you for allowing us to care for you.